But it sounds like developer Iron Gate Studios would like to put the brakes on players steamrolling some of their boss monsters at such a rapid pace. A patch released today (0.146.8) makes some difficulty tweaks to bosses 3, 4, and 5. Swamp blob Bonemass, ice dragon Moder, and skeletal head honcho Yagluth are now harder to beat.
“u guys are killing them too fast,” the developer says in the patch notes. There are no specific details on what the changes are: Iron Gate simply says “Some balancing fixes was made on bosses to make them more challenging.” Good luck with that, Vikings.
The patch also includes various bug fixes and tweaks. The world corruption bug that could occasionally happen when players quit the game with Alt-F4 sounds like it’s been squashed, which is great news, though I imagine it’s still a good idea to regularly make backups of your Valheim world and character files. Also, the game will now remember your preference for showing your in-game location while in co-op, so you won’t have to tick that box on your map every time you join your favorite server.
Another literal bug fix: the buzzing of deathsquitos is now detectable at a greater distance, which should hopefully cut down a bit on surprise attacks and backstabs by those surprisingly vicious winged menaces.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Crafting item-dupe bug fix
- Harpooned player & ship bug fix
- Fixed player ragdoll
- Bonemass, Moder, Yagluth difficulty tweaks
- Moder music updated
- Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
- Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out
- Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
- Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
- Shared map position setting is saved per world
- Updated network stats (F2)
- Building destruction drop-fix
- Vulkan support in windows builds
- Network disconnection bugfix
- Updated socket-backend
Continue Reading: Source link